Tim understands that transportation issues and road congestion are becoming a crisis in Northern Virginia. Tim Hugo opposes additional tolling on I-66 and will continue to introduce legislation to give drivers more options to avoid I-66 tolls. In 2019, Tim sponsored and passed legislation to prevent tolls from being placed on Fairfax County Parkway and Prince William County Parkway.
During his tenure in the House of Delegates, Tim has secured millions in critical transportation dollars for road construction projects in Northern Virginia, worked on countless projects to improve our local roads, and worked to get our fair share of transportation dollars from Richmond.
In 2018, Tim supported the NVTA’s Six Year Plan, which created a budget of over one billion dollars for road improvement projects in our region including:
- Route 28 corridor roadway improvements from the Fairfax County line to the City of Manassas
- Route 28 corridor feasibility study—the beginning phase to identify upgrades that will reduce travel times and congestion along the Route 28 corridor
- Construction of an interchange at Route 234 and University Boulevard— this will improve travel time on the Route 234 corridor
- Route 28 Widening: Route 29 to Prince William County Line
- Fairfax County Parkway Widening from Ox Road to Lee Highway which includes a grade separated interchange at the intersection of Popes Head Road